The Old Xaverians Soccer Club (OXSC) continues to build on our ever-growing Junior Program with an exciting expansion in 2019. Not only will there be a continuation of the successful Miniroos Kick Off Training Program on Sunday mornings, but we will be launching our first competitive junior teams this year at the under 8 age level.
Miniroos Kick Off Program – Sold out
Boys and Girls aged between 4 and 9 are involved in mixed groups of approximately 10-15 per coach. The cost is $200 for 18 sessions and includes a ball, drink bottle and bag. Purchasing an OXSC Junior jersey is optional and can be purchased from the club shop (www.oxsc.com.au/shop). Jerseys will be available for order from March.
- Time: Sundays 9-10am
- Price: $200 (Includes Miniroos promotional pack) + $30 for top (Tops can be purchased directly via the club)
- Venue: Hays Paddock South, Leason Street Kew. The home of Old Xaverians Soccer Club
- Semester One: 28 April to 30 June 2019
- School Holiday Break: 1 July to 20 July 2019
- Semester Two: 21 July to 8 September 2019
Adrian Gervasoni – email@example.com / 0407 058 497
What is Miniroos kick off?
The ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off Program has been developed in line with the game-sense philosophy of sport participation. This approach to sport delivery emphasises a move away from traditional coach-dominated sessions to those that are player-centred and use game-like situations rather than technical drills at every opportunity.
We teach the fundamentals of football in a fun, engaging, and inclusive environment that focuses on enjoyment rather than results. It should be no surprise to parents that the more fun their child has, the more likely they are to continue playing.
Our program sessions are designed to be fun, safe and friendly for children aged between 4 and 9. The weekly 45 minute sessions build skills and confidence through game simulations and simple drills, both delivered in an engaging and inclusive environment. Every player gets plenty of time on the ball and the prime aim of each session is for children to build fundamental football skills.
Each child also receives an ALDI MiniRoos Participant Pack when they register, which includes a bag, ball and a water bottle.
How to register?
Unfortunately due to strong demand we have no more places available for our program in 2019.
What are the benefits of signing up your children to a Kick-Off program?
- Make new friends and develop social skills
- Develop values of team work, co-operation, fair play, and respect for others
- Develop a child’s ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time
- Keep healthy by getting active
What are the benefits for parents?
- Time friendly sessions and locations
- A nationally consistent program delivered by trained coaches
- Personal accident insurance provided
- Constant supervision for your children in a fun, safe, welcoming environment.
- Enjoy a coffee with your friends in the club rooms or be part of the ALDI MiniRoos action with your son or daughter on the pitch.
Interested in coaching?
We are always are in need of an extra set of hands and encourage parent participation, so if you are keen to join the fun please let us know. No prior coaching experience is required, we provide all the training and have pre set drills you can use so there is no need to be daunted.
OXSC Miniroos Juniors – Under 8s
An exciting addition to the Old Xaverians Soccer Club in 2019 is the creation of two under 8 competitive boys teams which will be competing against other local under 8s teams. We are seeking approximately 20 players. Where possible, home games will be scheduled so that both teams play at the same time or at adjacent times to promote interaction between the squads. Away game scheduling is subject to away team ground availability.
Training (April): Thursday evenings from 5.30pm to 6.30pm at Willsmere Park (Willow Grove, Kew East).
Match Day: Sunday mornings with home games expected to kick-off at Hays Paddock (Leason St, East Kew) between 10am and midday. Away games are usually organised at similar times but they are subject to scheduling from the away club.
- Match Day Rules: Game duration is 45 minutes, with 7 players allowed on the field with unlimited substitutions.
- Age Entry Cut off: Date of Birth 1 January 2011
- League Dates: 7 April to 1 September 2019 (18 rounds)
- Cost: $285 plus OXSC Top levy $30
- Preseason Training (March): 5.30-6.30pm on Thursdays at Reservoir Reserve (Grange Road, Kew)
Meet the Coach
Anthony De Luca
Born and raised in Melbourne, Anthony commenced his love for soccer at the young age of 6 through his local community soccer club. He quickly moved up the junior ranks in both club and school soccer, where he was selected to be the youngest student to ever represent the Xavier College first 11 soccer team. At the age of 15, Anthony packed his bags and headed to Italy, where he would trial for AC Milan and sign for an Italian team SPAL (who returned to the Italian top-flight last year). The experience lasted two years before injury forced him to return to Australia and quit playing the game at the highest level. Anthony still carved out a celebrated playing career locally in the VPL and at OXSC, taking out a number of awards and leading the OXSC as captain to promotion to FFV Prov League Div 2 in 2004. He has coached at various leading junior academies around Melbourne and very much looks forward to sharing his vast knowledge of the game with the under 8s where his son Jay will be part of the team.
Contact Damian Cilmi (OXSC Vice President) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to discuss on 0422 440 181.